Chico Buarque - Construção - Limited Edition 180 Gram LP
LIMITED EDITION 180 GRAM LP
This Elemental Music reissue presents Chico Buarque’s fifth album for Philips, Construção, a classic where nearly all the songs became hits. Buarque was featured in an acoustic setting, almost completely aloof from the Tropicália movement (the courageous orchestration of Construção is very reminiscent of the influential work by Rogério Duprat). He delved into the Brazilian tradition of sambas and romantic or doleful songs, coming up with “Deus lhe pague” and “Construção,” both having strong lyrics subliminally criticizing the military dictatorship; “Cotidiano,” existentially thematic, revolving around the man-woman relationship routine; “Olha Maria” (written with Tom Jobim and Vinícius de Moraes), a sad separation farewell; “Samba de Orly,” a reference to the French airport and city that became paradigms of the exiled Brazilians; “Valsinha,” a beautiful love story; and other immortal songs in which the genius of the composer meets sensitively and reverently the heart of the Brazilian feel.
1. DEUS LHE PAGUE (Chico Buarque de Hollanda) 3:21
2. COTIDIANO (Chico Buarque de Hollanda) 2:51
3. DESALENTO (Chico Buarque de Hollanda-Vinícius de Moraes) 2:50
4. CONSTRUÇÃO (Chico Buarque de Hollanda) 6:26
1. CORDÃO (Chico Buarque de Hollanda) 2:32
2. OLHA MARIA (Chico Buarque de Hollanda-Vinícius de Moraes) 3:59
3. SAMBA DE ORLY (Chico Buarque de Hollanda-Toquinho-Vinícius de Moraes) 2:42
4. VALSINHA (Chico Buarque de Hollanda-Vinícius de Moraes) 2:02
5. MINHA HISTÓRIA (Lucio Dalla-Paola Pallotino; adapted by Chico Buarque de Hollanda) 3:04
6. ACALANTO (Chico Buarque de Hollanda) 1:39
Producer: ROBERTO MENESCAL Studio Manager: ROBERTO MENESCAL Engineers: TONINHO E MAZOLA Studio: Phonogram / Musical Direction: MAGRO Special Guests: TOM JOBIM, PAULINHO, JOBIM & MPB4 Photo: CARLOS LEONAM Cover: ALDO LUI Z.