Joe Henderson - Page One - Limited 180 Gram LP
Limited 180 Gram LP
Page One is the debut release by American jazz tenor saxophonist Joe Henderson. It features some of Henderson's most well-known pieces such as "Recorda Me," later to become a jazz standard, and "Out of the Night", originally written in 1957. The front cover lists all the sidemen involved in this masterpiece except the pianist McCoy Tyner, whose name is absent because Tyner had just signed with Impulse!, so this first Blue Note appearance was not very adherent to the contract. According to AllMusic Page One is a "particularly strong and historic effort". All About Jazz highlights the first appearance of the now Jazz standard "Blue Bossa", and asserts Page One as one of Henderson's "most critically acclaimed albums".
1. BLUE BOSSA (Kenny Dorham) 8:02
2. LA MESHA (Kenny Dorham) 9:08
3. HOMESTRETCH (Joe Henderson) 4:13
1. RECORDA-ME (REMEMBER ME) (Joe Henderson) 6:01
2. JINRIKISHA (Joe Henderson) 7:21
3. OUT OF THE NIGHT (Joe Henderson) 7:24 Personnel:
KENNY DORHAM, trumpet JOE HENDERSON, tenor sax McCOY TYNER, piano BUTCH WARREN, bass PETE LA ROCA, drums.