Claudine Longet - Colours - Mini-LP Papersleeve CD Replica
Mini-LP Papersleeve CD Replica
Elemental Music together with Universal Music Spain proudly present a new CD reissue of Colours, the fourth studio album by French chanteuse CLAUDINE LONGET, originally released by A&M records in 1968. Although probably best known for her implication in the 1976 murder of boyfriend and Olympic skier Spider Sabich, Longet released a string of sophisticated pop albums in the late 60’s which have long been cult favorites among fans of the genre. Colours is considered her best album by true connoisseurs, and includes arrangements by the great Nick DeCaro and production by the now legendary Tommy LiPuma. Among the songs are silver-tongued versions of pop classics by Donovan, Simon & Garfunkel, The Everly Brothers, Joni Mitchell,Gordon Lightfoot and Randy Newman.
1. SCARBOROUGH FAIR / CANTICLE (3:19) (Traditional; Arr. by Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel)
2. PUSSYWILLOWS, CAT-TAILS (2:57) (Gordon Lightfoot)
3. CATCH THE WIND (2:35) (Donovan Phillips Leitch)
4. COLOURS (2:58) (Donovan Phillips Leitch)
5. FOR BOBBIE (FOR BABY) (2:30) (Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr.)
6. I BELIEVED IT ALL (2:40) (Alan Bergman - Marilyn Bergman - Albert Hammond)
7. AM I BLUE? (3:15) (Harry Akst - Grant Clarke)
8. HURRY ON DOWN (2:11) (Nellie Lutcher)
9. LET IT BE ME (Je T’Appartiens) (2:39) (Gilbert Bécaud - Manny Curtis - Pierre Delanoë)
10. BOTH SIDES NOW (2:55) (Joni Mitchell)
11. I THINK IT’S GONNA RAIN TODAY (3:29) (Randy Newman)
Claudine Longet, vocals on all tracks, plus: Ron Elliott (guitar & arrangements); Lyle Ritz (bass); Jim Gordon (drums); Lincoln Mayorga (keyboards); Nick DeCaro (string & horn arrangements); Bill Cunningham (fiddle on track 4); Randy Newman (piano on track 11); Engineered by Dick Bogert.
PRODUCED BY TOMMY LIPUMA.
Photography by Barry Feinstein.
Original art direction by Tom Wilkes.