Sonny & Cher - Mama Was A Rock And Roll Singer, Papa Used to Write All Her Songs - Mini-LP Papersleeve CD Replica
Mini-LP Papersleeve CD Replica
Presented here complete for the first time ever on CD is the fifth and final studio album by American pop duo Sonny & Cher, released in 1973 by MCA Records: Mama Was a Rock and Roll Singer, Papa Used to Write All Her Songs. As said before, this was the very last studio album Sonny and Cher released as a couple, for their marital situation had been clearly deteriorating. The duo finally separated in late 1974. The album is largely a collection of cover songs which include titles like “I Can See Clearly Now” (originally by Johnny Nash), “Brother Love’s Traveling Salvation Show” (Neil Diamond), and “Listen to the Music” (The Doobie Brothers). The only song written by Bono is the title track, which clocks in at over nine minutes and was edited down to under four minutes for the single. The 9 minutes album version of that tune and “You Darn Well” have never been reissued on CD before.
1. IT NEVER RAINS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (3:44) (Albert Hammond-Mike Hazelwood)
2. I BELIEVE IN YOU (2:59) (Denis Pregnolato-Michel Rubini-Don Dunne)
3. I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW (3:38) (Johnny Nash)
4. RHYTHM OF YOUR HEART BEAT (3:32) (Tony Macaulay-Geoff Stevens)
5. MAMA WAS A ROCK AND ROLL SINGER PAPA USED TO WRITE ALL HER SONGS (Parts 1 & 2) [9:43] * (Sonny Bono)
6. BY LOVE I MEAN (4:23) (Hod David-Will Jacobs-Marc Allen Trujillo) 4:23
7. BROTHER LOVE’S TRAVELING SALVATION SHOW (3:16) (Neil Diamond)
8. YOU KNOW DARN WELL (3:24) (Tony Macaulay)
9. THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH (3:48) (Bob Stone)
10. LISTEN TO THE MUSIC (3:57) (Tom Johnston)
Credits and personnel:
PRODUCED BY DENIS PREGNOLATO AND MICHEL RUBINI * Produced by Sonny Bono Arranged by Michel Rubini Engineer: Lenny Roberts ARRANGED BY MICHEL RUBINI ENGINEER: LENNY ROBERTS RECORDED AT LARRABEE SOUND SPECIAL THANKS TO LENNY ROBERTS FOR HIS IDEAS AND PATIENCE RHYTHM SECTION: DAVID UNGATE (bass guitar) DAVID PAICH (piano & synthesizer) JEFF PROCARO (drums) DEAN PARKS (lead guitar and all solos) ADDITIONAL RHYTHM: LARRY CARLTON, RICK WHITE, ART MUNSON, LOUIS SHELTON (guitars) BUDDY EMONS (steel guitar) JOE SAMPLE, MICHAEL OMARTIAN (keyboards) ALAN ESTES (percussion).